1.14.2014

A Traveling Start to 2014


Happy New Year Everyone!  I know I am about 14 days late, but 2014 started off busy and I have been traveling since January 1st.  It feels oh so good to be home.  First we had a wedding in CHarleston, SC, which was absolutely perfect.  Then we traveled to LA and Pasadena to watch the Noles with the national championship, and finally ended my travels with a trip to mart & Scotts in Atlanta. 




It was such an honor to stand next to my best friend since kindergarten at her wedding.  It was a freezing,could have snowed  chilly day, but it was absolutely perfect. 


{peonies are my favorite}

   
{chalkboard signage for the wedding}
We didnt have a ton of time to explore, but I do have a few recommendations if you are ever in Charleston.  

Virginia's on King is a must if you are looking for good southern food and an inviting atmosphere.  We actually ate here twice, and both times were delicious.    
{virgina's on king}
{the best grilled cheese and tomato soup}
If you are looking for a good cup of coffee or a chocolate croissant make sure to stop in Kudu Coffee.  They serve Counter Culture coffee.

{a great atmosphere in the courtyard complete with twinkly lights and a fountain}

King Street is known for its shopping, and one of my favorite stores in South of Market.  I discovered SOM several years ago, and try to make a point to stop in if I am in Charleston.  I love their over sized lighting paired with antiques and classic slip covered furniture.  It is way a little out of my price range, but I love to get ideas.    

Happy Tuesday!  I will be back this week with pictures from our other trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment